Power systems engineering is about keeping things in balance. Not just the balance between generation and load or between production and consumption of reactive power. It is also about the balance between the cost of energy and its environmental impact or the balance between the reliability of the supply and the investments needed to develop the system. These programmes will teach you how to quantify both sides of these equations and then how to improve the balances through technological advances and the implementation of sophisticated computing techniques.
Electrical Machines find its application in wind turbines, steam engine, industrial fans, disk drives and various other house hold appliances. This course basically helps us understand electrical energy is converted in to mechanical energy (motor) and vice-versa (generators).
Control System is used to control to control position, velocity and acceleration is very common in industrial and military applications. Several Characteristics of control system can be linked to human behavior. Control System can “think” in the sense that they can replace to some extent, human operation. Control System process as that found in physical, biological and social systems. Many systems Control themselves through information feedback, which shows deviations from standards and initiate charges.
Power Electronics is the study of switching electronic circuits in order to control the flow of electrical energy. Power Electronics is the technology behind switching power supplies, power converters, power inverters, motor drives, and motor soft starters.
Electrical drives The systems which control the motion of the electrical machines, are known as electrical drives. A typical drive system is assembled with an electric motor (may be several) and a sophisticated control system that controls the rotation of the motor shaft. This drive system is widely used in large number of industrial and domestic applications like factories, transportation systems, textile mills, fans, pumps, motors, robots etc. Drives are employed as prime movers for diesel or petrol engines, gas or steam turbines, hydraulic motors and electric motors.
Greetings everyone. Covid-19 pandemic has brought upon us a situation we had ever experienced
Electrical Engineering department started utilising various Digital platforms to maintain an equal rhythm of studies during lockdown as of regular college days. Conducting regular classes,giving assignments, conducting tests &quizes and separate doubt clearing classes in virtual classroom make studies more interesting. Providing exciting lab videos, NPTEL links of different important topics and virtual Labs are making students’ Lab session much more joyful and alive.
Departmental faculties are mentoring each student to attend departmental webinars, seminars, online trainings/workshops, mock tests and also to practice Group Discussion & Interviews through conference call, zoom, WhatsApp etc.
Electrical Engineering Department isalso arranging online meditation andYoga to keep students energetic and mentally fit.
Students are participating in wonderful online cultural programs like ‘BorshoBoron’, ‘RabindraJayanti’ etc. And not only those they are also preparing videos on Corona awareness and framing exciting photographs in their free time.
With the motivation of departmental faculties, students are involved in social activities by helping poors with clothes, foods, sanitizing kit etc and spreading awareness to defy depression and deny Corona.
Our faculties are in contact with students and their guardians in regular basis in Parent teacher meeting session to stand by them at this time of distress.
Working on small and tricky projects under faculties has become one of the stress busters for students during lockdown.
Online campus recruitment drive has been started, online interviews are going on.
Hence students are getting all the facilities with safety in this pandemic condition also.
The vision of EE department is to impart technical education theoretically & practically with high pattern of discipline through our dedicated staff who have set global standard.
To prepare an effective and socially responsible Electrical Engineer to serve the future needs and challenges of the society.
To strengthen academic infrastructure leading to quality professionals through modern technology in the field of Electrical Engineering.
To impart technical education with industry and society for developing competent Electrical Engineer.
To create a passion for learning and promote in
1. Reshmi Chandra , Papun Biswas, Debapriya Sur Mukhopadhyay, Debjani Chakraborti “Optimization of Environmental-Economic Power Generation and Dispatch via GA based Multi-objective Bi-level Programming” placed in International Conference on Industry Interactive Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology I3SET2K16 at JISCE
2. Reshmi Chandra, Amit Kumar and Shubhajit Jana, “Study of wireless power transfer by Induction Technique” IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSRJEEE) e-ISSN: 2278-1676,p-ISSN: 2320-3331, Volume 11, Issue 1 Ver. II (Jan. – Feb. 2016), PP 01-06
3. Reshmi Chandra, Amit Kumar “ Analysis of UPFC using Matlab” Paper Id : IJERTV4IS080564, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology(IJERT) (ISSN:2278-0181) (Accepted).
4. Debabrata Mazumdar, Dola Sinha, Surojit Panja and Dipak Kumar Dhak, “Design of LQR Controller for solar tracking system.” , vol. 1, pp. 432-435, 2015, IEEE ICECCT, Coimbatore.
5. Debabrata Mazumdar, Dola Sinha, Madhumita Hota and Syed Safiq Islam, “Design of solar power system for high frequency induction heating” IEEE-ICCCA, Galgotias University, Noida (Accepted).
6. Samar Chattopadhyay, “Microprocessor Base Controller for Variable speed DC Motor Drive”.
7. Samar Chattopadhyay, “Optimum Requirement of Servers in Busy Coffee House in a Metropolitan City by Simulation Method”
* KabirrudinMallickpassout student of Electrical Engineering dept. working as Sub Assistant Engineer at Haldia Electric Section under govt of WB
* AranyaSarkarpassout student of Electrical Engineering dept. working as Junior Engineer Electrical/G/Power/MLDT in Eastern Railways
* NavneetPoddar,student of EE Dept. done Intern at Bolt IOT
* KingshukDebnath, student of EE Dept placed at Prism Johnson Ltd.(PMC India Division) as Graduate Engineer Trainee
* SayakSaha, student of EE Dept placed at Escalates Tech India as Graduate Engineer Trainee
* AbhijitGhosh, NirupamaSahastudents of EE Deptparticipated with project “Occupancy Sensor” at JIS Tech Fest 2019 under the guidance of Asst.Prof. MrSouvikDatta
* Rahul Kundu, Priyanta Das, Sajal Kumar students of EE Dept participated at Book Fair with project “Smart Plug”
* RitwikChakraborty, JakerulHossain students of EE Dept participated at Book Fair with project “Remote load Monitoring”
* Reejit Das student of EE Dept participated at Book Fair with project “Occupancy Sensor”
* PriyabrataPandit ,Saswat Kumar students of EE Dept participated with project Automatic Soil Moisture Control at CII Innovation Club 2018under the guidance of Asst.Prof. MrSouvikDatta.
* Amit Kumar &SubhajitJana ,EEstudents of 2013-2016 batch won 1st Prize in State Level Science Competition under the guidance of MrsReshmi Chandra, Teacher In-charge, Asst. Prof. EE Dept.,AIEMfor the project “Wireless Power Transfer”.
* Amit Kumar &SubhajitJana ,EE students of 2013-2016 batch won 1st Prize in District Level Science Competition under the guidance of MrsReshmi Chandra, Teacher In-charge, Asst. Prof. EE Dept.,AIEM for the project “Wireless Power Transfer”.
* Amit Kumar &SubhajitJana ,EE students of 2013-2016 batch won 2nd Runners Up at JIS TECH FEST 2016. * SumanSaurav, Gyanesh Kumar &KundanGupta ,EE students of 2013-2016 batch won 3rd Runners Up at JIS TECH FEST 2016.
* SumanSaurav, Gyanesh Kumar, KundanGupta ,SubhankarDey&ArindamChakraborty EE students of 2013-2016 batch participated at Birla Institute of Technical Museum Science Fair 2016.
* Animesh Thakur &ArindamChakraborty, EE students of 2013-2016 batch selected to participate in a “Training Programme” at ASIAN INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY, BANGKOK, on the basis of his academic performance.
* Amit Kumar ,Shubhajit Jana, Asst. Prof. Reshmi Chandra published “Study of wireless power transfer by InductionTechnique” IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) e-ISSN: 2278-1676,p-ISSN: 2320-3331, Volume 11, Issue 1 Ver. II (Jan. – Feb. 2016), PP 01-06
* AmitKumar,student of EE dept&RajibChakrabortyAsst. Prof. Aiem published a paper “Study on the dependency of steady state response on the ratio of Larmor& Rabi Frequency for ESR using Matlab”IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) Paper ID: 20160503267. eISSN:2319-1163/pISSN: 2321-7308.
* Amit Kumar & Asst. Prof. Reshmi Chandra “ Analysis of UPFC using Matlab” Paper Id : IJERTV4IS080564, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology(IJERT) (ISSN:2278-0181) (Accepted).
* PremSagarHarijan,Sayan Bose&Akash Prasad, EE Students of 2012-2016 batch, got 2nd prize in “Short Film Presentation” at JIS SAMMAN, 2015.
* DipanjaliBhattacharjee, EE student of 2013-2016 batch got 1st Prize in Intra College Dance Competition 2015.
Winners of State Level Science Competition
AIEM College received a prize amount Rs 1 Lakh (in cheque)