Civil Engineering Department is introduced in Abacus Institute of Engineering and Management in the year 2015. The Department is enriched with good laboratory facilities and experienced faculty members with full of enthusiasm. Though the department is very young but we are aiming towards the establishment of a civil engineering department as par with national level institutes. The students are also benefitted by the library consisting large number of reference books as well as text books on all branches of Civil Engineering.
To produce professionally competent engineers to transform the department into an inclusive centre of knowledge through synergic application of understanding, creativity, innovation and discipline.
To provide exceptional opportunity for producing professionally knowledgeable engineers with the sense of social and moral responsibility by fashioning value added teaching and inspiration for exploration.
1. To conveyeminence education by exposing the apprentices to the fundamentals as well as to the practical issues involved in the analysis, design and construction of structural systems, by offering variety of subject choices covering broad areas of Civil Engineering.
2. To impart adequate insights and hands-on exposure for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of Civil Engineering systems and communicate the ideas effectively with the other members of the society.
The core focus of projects initiated to final year students is to help them to find the objective in their field of academic study. Typically led by faculty members, these projects provide guidance and a range of professional development activities, such as building interview skills and career objectives. Few projects from last year:
1. Tuned Liquid Damper for Earthquake Response.
2. Plastic brick.
3. Water Treatment Plant.
4. Earthquake Resistant Building.
5. Temperature control in colder areas using hot and cold water flow.
6. Bridge cover leaf model.
7. Floating Building.
8. Cantilever Bridge.
Sandeep Kumar – All India course topper of NPTEL online examination (Foundation Engineering, July-December, 2019), (2021 Batch).